For my last evening in my home state, I went out to eat dinner with my family and headed to the beach to walk with my Mom, Keith, and our two adorable dogs. It took us about two minutes to realize that the ocean was scary to the dogs, the sand got in their eyes, and... given a chance... Lump would immediately run for the lights of the highway, thinking it was an escape route. Other than the aforementioned mishaps though, the beach was lovely. There was a creepy fog everywhere that made me feel like I was isolated from the busy world, and the crashing waves made a roar in the background that made conversation impossible without an awkward amount of yelling added in. It was perfect.
I snapped this photograph while rolling around in the backyard with Lump and Yoda today. Minus the crazy allergy I had because of the grass, I had fun wrestling around and being near the water. I decided to bring a book of photographs with me to Poland - it'll have my friends, and my home... my family. Everyone I hold dear. I have a tendency to get very homesick about two weeks into any transatlantic journey, so this time I'm taking preventive measures. I may still miss them, but at least I'll have a hard copy of every face that makes me smile...
I caught up with so many people these past four days and it was wonderful. Thank goodness for all of the amazing friends I've accumulated along the way. Who else would eat banana cake and drink nonfat, no whip, sugar free caramel macchiatos with me at 10pm... despite the bouts of caffeine-induced hyperness that are sure to follow?
My day has ended well... all errands done, travel iron in my suitcase... funds from mom and dad deposited into my bank account for Monday morning. I got some extra Euro from my mother's secret stash, and I even picked up a signed baseball card present from an old, long-lost but always dear, friend. I was in every way successful... and the last thing on my (hypothetical) list is to finish my book and shut off my light to the busy world.
New Moon awaits.
And as a sweet ending note, just because I'm feeling happy tonight... I leave with this quote.
"Give her two red roses, each with a note.
The first note says "For the woman I love" and the second, "For my best friend."
To me, this is what love should be.



1 comment:
I like it. I'm going to miss you. :(
-ash
Post a Comment